Los Angeles, CA
The goal of the 40-Hour Domestic Violence Advocate Training includes understanding the dynamics of domestic violence, becoming familiar with the resources and procedures, and developing a realistic attitude towards helping those affected. Completion of this training meets the requirements set by California Evidence Code 1037.1 for designation as a Domestic Violence Advocate.
For anyone making a minimum commitment of twelve months of volunteer service to Haven Hills, the fee is $125. A $100 will be refunded at the end of the 12 months with the Certificate of Completion for the training. In order to benefit that discounted rate, please fill out the “volunteer application“.
The cost of the training is $250 for those not able to volunteer and a certificate of training is provided at the end of the training.
Pre-registration is required due to a limited number of spaces.
(If you need to miss a portion of the training, please discuss it with the Outreach Counselor in advance.)
– Saturday October 7th from 9am to 4pm
– Friday October 13th from 9am to 5pm
– Saturday October 14th from 9am to 3pm
– Sunday October 15th from 9am to 3pm
– Friday October 20th from 9am to 4:30pm
– Saturday October 21st from 9am to 4pm
– Friday October 27th from 9am to 5pm